Sunday, August 5, 2018

diy Day

The weather here has been less than optimal for a long while now.  Cloudy, humid, rainy, basically yucky.  Having a few days off, I really wanted to get back to work on the outside of our house, but can't due to yucky weather.  So, I have declared today a diy day.


I got up early, and with my cup of coffee headed upstairs.  I have a bunch of cheap thrift store frames, so decided to convert them into chalkboards today.






Here's one I found a while back, has a solid wood frame, and it is a decent size.  I took the picture out of the frame and gave the frame a good cleaning.








I painted the frame with ivory chalk paint.  I used Waverly chalk paint, just because I had some left over from another project. 








It took 2 coats of paint.  While it was drying, I headed outside to cut the chalkboard to fit the frame.  I had some chalkboard left over from a sheet that I got for my kitchen chalkboard back in the winter. Since the weather is crappy today...I don't have pics of this step.  My camera would not have liked it outside.



Here's a picture of my kitchen chalkboard that I made out of a beautiful frame I had from years ago.





This was my Valentine's Day board.   It now looks like this.





Back inside with the cut piece of chalkboard...and all that's left to do is to insert the board into the frame.  (I did season the board first though.) 








And here it is.  This one is for my dear friend who requested I make one for her.


While I was in the mood for working with frames...I made 2 more.  One I painted Robin's Egg Blue, and the other I just black-washed over the gold.  











But this one is for my dragonfly friend.

Here you go, girlfriend.  Hope you enjoy it!


Until next time, ENJOY!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment