Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Early Morning Beauty

I arose early this morning, greeted by a wonderful sunrise.  The sky was beautiful.  And the temperature was perfect.  Almost a bit chilly!


Calm waters at daybreak



The morning sky just before sunrise

It's hard to believe we are on the last leg of summer, and this morning Mother Nature gave us a hint that the season will be changing.    A breath of fresh air, without the heaviness that we have been feeling over the last few months.  It was so nice that Captain Man and I had coffee in the cockpit.  Haven't done that in a while!  During our morning walk, I noticed the water lilies are now brown, getting ready for their dormant period.  Also, some of the trees are beginning to change colors.

I know there are many who will be sad about summer coming to an end...but I welcome the cooler temps.  Every season has its beauty, and I feel privileged to live in this area where we can experience all four seasons.  Here, we can enjoy each time of the year without getting too tired of one particular season, before the next one rolls around.  And this morning...a glimpse of autumn...put a smile on my face.



No comments:

Post a Comment