Saturday, August 19, 2017

Our River House Fixer Upper - Week 17

The painters have finished the first coat on the exterior.  Captain Man and I will do the second coat (maybe).  We are happy with the results and love the color. Now we need to decide on a front door color.  Family, friends and neighbors have all indicated what they would choose.  I have my preference, but am still undecided at this point.  



 
One coat on


Looking clean!



Side view



This is what it looked like before!



We have had people walking by and telling us they like our front door color (the color when we bought the house is a bluish green) and they would not change it.  But we think we will change it. 



Our now turguoise front door with our new mailbox



 
We finally have a door on the bathroom! YAY!!!  We chose a sliding barn door.  Looks great, but was not a fun project for the captain.  This old house is not level or square, and trying to hang the door so that it looked level to the eye, but not slide on its own (it wants to move to the center)...well, it was a challenge.  So after many adjustments and several unneeded drilled holes, it is hung.  However, the hardware is not level and the door is not level with the floor, BUT the door slides open and closes without moving on its own.  Whew...we did not think it would be so difficult.  😟  It needs a handle and a lock on the inside, but then it is done.



Bathroom with a door!



I have been busy with the dining room ceiling.  I have painted it twice and still am not getting coverage.  I suppose I should have primed it first, but I did not think it was needed.  Obviously, I was wrong.  I really do not enjoy painting overhead and was hoping the second coat would do the trick, but it didn't.  


Not a good paint job 😕



Captain Man says I should probably cover it with some Kilz paint primer and then go back over with the ceiling paint.  That means I will have painted this ceiling 4 times!



Marking our kitchen island



We are now designing our kitchen island which will include our stove.  It will be nice to cook dinner while looking out of the big windows onto the river.  We are also looking at options for counter tops and kitchen flooring.  So still several choices to be made within the next week or so.

We did take a day off to spend with a dear friend.  Had a relaxing lunch and listened to some live music.  Nice.  I miss that!!

But need to get back to work...so for now...

Enjoy!









 

No comments:

Post a Comment