Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Soap for the Baby Shower




My daughter is expecting her second child in June.  Can't believe it is almost time for my new granddaughter to make her appearance!  Can't wait to see her!

We are planning a baby shower this weekend and my daughter asked me a while back if I would make soap as favors for her shower.  Since I had the day off from work, I decided today was a good day to get them done.  


 

Ingredients for this soap are simple...goat milk base, oatmeal, vitamin E, organic honey and eucalyptus oil.


I heated the base in small batches, and once melted added the rest of the ingredients, then poured into shallow pan.


Then waited.  Did not take any pictures of the pan or what I did while I was waiting. 😁  Actually I was watching the water rise outside during the downpour we had today.  


Once the soap hardened, I set about cutting the soap.  I wanted a shape that would be appropriate for the baby shower, so I used my heart shaped cookie cutter.  






Made two batches like this one.  I think I ended up with about 42 soaps.  My daughter told me that would be "plenty".  


Next step, adding lavender ribbon.  This baby girl has a lavender room waiting for her, so lavender ribbon it is.












My daughter has small clear bags that we will place the soap into, tie with another pretty little lavender ribbon, and then add a small tag with her handwritten note.  She will state what kind of soap...along with this statement...
"From my shower to yours...thanks for coming"    

Isn't that the sweetest?


Until next time...

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment