Sunday, August 9, 2015

JewelryByDeb

When I was introduced to cruising by my significant other, I found out rather early on that I would need a hobby.  All of my life had been spent with too much to get done and not enough time to do it.  While we are busy while cruising, with lots of exploring, sightseeing, eating and just plain enjoying our relaxed lifestyle, I did find myself feeling idle from time to time.  So, I started dabbling in interests that I never had time to dabble in before.  Baking bread was one, and the other...making jewelry.

I started researching and playing around with different techniques and styles, and found that I enjoyed wire working the most.  Working the wire and creating pieces from different metal is rewarding and fun.  And I can use them for myself and as gifts for my friends and family.

From time to time, I will post some of my work on this blog, as I have had some request to show some pieces.  Please feel free to post comments as I would welcome the feedback.


Hammered Sterling Silver with glass turquoise bead


Hammered Sterling Silver Swirl with Semi-precious stone dangle




Free formed Sterling Silver Dangle with glass bead



Copper wire Necklace with glass beads




Sterling Silver bracelet with onyx beads


I hand make all the findings in my jewelry.  Each jump ring, connector, clasps, ear wires, etc. are hand made and hammered.  Hammering is a good way to let out frustrations!!  Not that I am frustrated while I am cruising!  Quite the opposite!  Maybe I need to come home from work and make some jewelry....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment