Saturday, July 29, 2017

Our River House Fixer Upper - Week 14

Guest bathroom complete



Tile work in shower



Bathroom can be checked off list!



We have moved in!  The guest bathroom is done.  And we are pleased with the way it has turned out.  

It is a small bathroom, and we struggled with the sink.  At first I wanted a cabinet sink (for storage), but after looking at the finished bath, I thought a cabinet would make it seem too crowded.  I initially did NOT want a pedestal sink in this bathroom, but quickly changed my mind once I could see how much space we had.  And the pedestal sink works out well.  The bathroom is small but when you are in the room, it just doesn't feel cramped.  We are happy.

All that is left for that guest bedroom is a piece of colorful art to place on one of the floating shelves.  I am looking for a small print or canvas of the Pamlico River.  So I am on the lookout during the limited time we have to roam around the area.  It is there, just need to find it.   Until then, we are using that space on the shelf for extra towels.  But it is done!  


My armoire...love, love it!



Our bedroom is livable.   It is painted and cleaned and has a bed and dresser.  No pics to post at this point, because we need more furniture and needs some personal touches.  

This house does have a negative...no closets...well it does have one closet in the master bedroom, but it is small.  Captain Man and I both knew we did not want to alter the integrity of the rooms by adding a closet.  It would look too obvious that it was an add on.  So, I went about searching for an armoire/wardrobe.   Most of the ones that we were drawn to were expensive.  I wanted something that would fit with the style of the house, was well built and BIG!  Everything I saw that met my wants/needs were well, outrageous.  So, I started looking on Craigslist and found one.  It was big, made of solid wood, and the style was point on.  And the price....you will not believe....I am embarrassed to even say. I am so, so pleased with the piece.  It is gorgeous and holds lots of clothes!  Now we are looking for a bed frame and another dresser.  Oh, and a rug.  Once we get the room  almost complete, will post some pics.  

I am still working on trim work, and painting, and vacuuming dust.  But we are here and I am happy.


Until next week...

Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment