Saturday, July 1, 2017

Our River House Fixer Upper - Week 10

When I say the house is a mess, I am not joking...this house is a mess!  It is filthy, dusty, and junky.  I really do not like this part of the project...the constant mess everywhere.  I want to get in there and CLEAN it up, but until the sheet rock repair is completed, it's just wasted time and energy.


Living room mess



Hallway mess



Mess in the bedroom



As you can see from the above picture, I am still busy scraping the trim work.  Seems like a never ending job and the process is slow.  However, I do find it somewhat cathartic.  It will be pretty once completed and I get a sense of satisfaction knowing we are preserving the original trim.  



One of many wall cracks waiting on repair



And a large crack needing some help



We are wanting to get the wall repair work completed.  The captain is doing most of it.  We were hoping our sheet rock contractor guys would have more time for us, but they are busy at their primary job.   So their time working for us is very limited.  The process is time consuming, but Captain Man is doing a great job with it.  Will be sure to post his progress next week.

Until then...

Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment