Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Spring Planter Project



Since it was simply grand to be outside today, I decided to tackle a small diy project.  I saw this planter idea on Pinterest so I went to work on recycling some 5 gallon buckets we had leftover from working on the house.  






I wanted black planters, not blue.  So I sanded them lightly with sand paper.  (also left over from sanding trim in this house!!)




I used Krylon spray paint (stated could be used on plastic) in matte black.




Took about 30-45 minutes to dry completely.  Then I added a bit of trim just under the top lip of the bucket.  Used my hot glue gun and should have used a thicker jute but I did not have it.  So I went with what I had on hand.





Then off to Lowe's to get some plants.  Now I realize that just because it is gorgeous outside today, I know it is not yet officially spring.   So I chose some cool hardy plants...

Arugula, curly kale, rosemary and parsley.  Well parsley may not weather a frost/freeze but I got it anyway.

I had three buckets/planters.  I filled two with the new plants, and the other one with my sky pencil japanese holly that I am trying to save.  It was in a smaller planter on the front porch during the holidays and it is not doing very well right now.





I gave them a good sprinkling of water and ... there they are.  The greens should fill in nicely, and once they are harvested, I will be able to replace with something that will handle the warmer days ahead.  

Not too bad for left over buckets!

Until next time...

Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment