Saturday, September 9, 2017

Our River House Fixer Upper - Week 20

We started off the week by taking Sunday off and headed to the boat for a relaxing afternoon with friends.  No painting, sanding, scraping, sawing, sweeping, cleaning...just relaxing.  It was a wonderful respite.  


Back at the canal for a few hours



They did not want pic taken



Noisy, but lovely to watch   



On Monday, it was back at it again.  I did not get a chance to do much work on the house, but the captain did.  Our counter top finally arrived and he was busy working to get it installed.  


"Granola"



Our choice for counter top was Corian.  Granite was out for me...while it is beautiful, I find it to harsh for me.  My daughter has granite in her home and it really is lovely, but I have cracked a few dishes on it...I am too heavy handed I suppose.  It is also loud.  Makes a lot of noise...that's my fault...too heavy handed.  The Corian is a little more forgiving with me.  Plus, I can cut on it if I choose...it will sand out any marks.   

It arrived in three long sheets and Captain Man went to work on cutting and gluing in place.  




















This process takes some time.  The glue sets pretty quick, but needs to be left alone for about 24 hours.   





One side of the kitchen counter top almost done.  Still needs back splash added.  It is already cut and routed, just needs to be glued in place.   Once all the counter tops have been glued, then the seams and top will be sanded, which will create A LOT of dust.  😢   Dusting is a never ending job in this renovation project.

We are keeping an eye on Hurricane Irma and hoping for the best for our friends in Florida.  We are praying they remain safe and will not suffer any damage from this storm.  

Until next time...


Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment